Blog Archive

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Is she a runner??

After my reenactment of the gulf oil spill, I decided to take the petcock (fuel switch, see i am learning) off the tank as it had been leaking. I took it apart and the reserve line was blocked, got that clear and figured out what all the different ports are for. whatever way the fuel lines where connected up before wasn't going to work, so off to the shop to buy my first parts, fuel line. I brought some with me for comparison and the guy kept bringing me scraps to see which was closest to what I was looking for, I expected them to have a reel of the stuff but all he had was a scrap, bought it anyway, $2 and it just worked out. Will have to find a better shop.
Spent the night cleaning the petcock and realigning its seals and routing the new fuel line, including the right to left connector under the frame.
Next day added some fuel, not a a lot, to check that everything was sealed up, still a tiny leak from the petcock, might be missing a seal.
Added more gas (by the way picked up a fire extinguisher, socket set and spanners from costco), everything still looking good. Moment of truth, was she worth the $$$, electric start, pused the button, starter turned over no engine, kill switch was set to off, try again with it on, a few splutteres, a couple of small back fires and a little twist of the trottle engine is alive, then cuts out. Push button again she fires up and idles sweetly. success.
Took her out for a few circles in front of the house, clutch works, brakes work and a few more little back fires - i'm thinking it just needs a good run. My son Ronan (3 years old) said "Daddy your a genius".

No comments:

Post a Comment