Blog Archive

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Bike now running like it should (temporarily)

With the carbs cleaned, the bike now has plenty of power. Running around on the local roads acceleration is good, out on the highway I had her up to 75mph and she still had plenty left in her. Rode to work a few times and have taken some leisurely spins around the area.
I bought a parts bike for $90 to mainly get my hands on an engine to pull apart, the plus is it has the stock handle bars I wanted and what looks like the correct front fender for my model. I have taken most of it apart, cleaned the handle bars and swapped them out. The bike looks great with the stock bars replacing the high bars. The problem now is the clutch & front brake cables are to long and I can't get a proper adjustment to stay on the clutch. Now will be a good time for new cables.

In the meantime I have been in the process of shopping for a bike the will allow me to ride with confidence in the machine I'm on. This will allow me to get stuck into changing the cable and replacing the fork seals.

Found a great deal on a 2008 honda shadow spirit on craiglist, made sure to get the title and all paper work in order before any cash changed hands ( don't buy a bike unless the seller has the title in hand). She only had 960 miles on the clock and I still can't ind a scratch on her. A dream to ride, sits a lot lower than the cb,not as nimble though. I'm really enjoying riding a newer bike and it gives me a good reference as to hw the controls should feel on the CB.


The title situation on the CB: I called about not receiving a title yet and the was told it was being held pending a road worthy inspection as the bike is over 35 years old its is regarded as an antique vehicle and does not require yearly emission inspections but does have to be inspected like custom builds for road worthiness. Will give an update on this inspection when I get it done.



1 comment:

  1. Very nice bike
    I myself have a 2007 vt 750 c2 and would love to know what kind of saddle bags you have got on the picture of your spirit . thanks
    Marc
    Montréal
    Canada

    ReplyDelete